Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2023

It's the Most Wonderful Time ...

 I don't know if this season is the most wonderful time of the year,
but it does have many fun and enjoyable aspects.

We took the day after Thanksgiving to decorate.
I love the glow of candles in the window
and twinkly lights around the living room windows.

I do love the songs of the season that chronicle the birth, death, and resurrection of our Savior.
Sunday, I enjoyed playing an offertory that combined "Claire de lune" with "O Holy Night."
Hubby and I will sing a duet of "Come Thou Long Expected Jesus" this Sunday.
And of course, there are additional practices for an upcoming Christmas program in which I can sing, play organ, and even accompany a choir with a piano duet!

I love giving out little gifts and tracts all season and watching tired workers smile at some pleasant recognition.

Hubby and I have tried to take in some of the local events as well.
Last Saturday, we went to a Christmas parade.
The parade lasted nearly 2 hours.
Numerous bands played and did very well.
Of course, it was fun to watch the children chasing candy.




Tomorrow, we hope to stroll through town at night to see the town lit up.
Next Friday, we hope to be in Nashville for the "Messiah."

Yes, I am thankful for this season with particular emphasis on the miracle of Christ's birth.
I am thankful that God's miracles do not end there - 
they are still available today.

No comments:

Post a Comment