Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Green!

No, not money!
No, not Shamrocks!
(Though we did celebrate St. Patrick's Day with a Shamrock Shake and some Corned Beef and Cabbage)

Green as in plant life.
I can tell that I am eager for Spring when it seems to come SOOOOO slowly!
Today is the first day of Spring, but it hardly feels that way outside.
But from the inside, things are greening up and the sun makes it looks like it should be warm.
I am enjoying the view from the front room. 


I planted some purple hyacinths and yellow tulips around the cherry tree.
I will look forward to their return each year.
The creeping phlox is blooming and spreading in the front rock garden
and a few winter pansies that don't really match are enjoying the last of the cool weather.

I look forward to filling in the tree ring with SunPatiens this year.
We watched 2 or 3 homes around the neighbor that planted these beauties last year 
and they bloomed from May to October.
This spot is particularly hard because of the full sun it gets in the afternoon,
but these beauties may be up to the challenge.


After 2 weeks ...
grass is greening and slowly filling in.
And I even mowed last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment