Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Anybody Else Like Sleep?

Today, I am thankful for a new sleep aid.
For a while now, I have known that I have mild sleep apnea.
It is nonexistent if I sleep on my side,
so I have tried to stay on my side during the night.
Easier said than done.
I tried to put things along my back that would jar me awake if I were to roll onto my back.
The methods worked slightly, but my sleep was still poor.
My default was to sleep on my back.
We debated sleep studies that would probably lead to CPAP.
Oh, I did not want a CPAP machine!

So I searched and found that for some people with slight apneas,
mandibular adjustment can work.
Basically, that treatment involves pulling the lower jaw in front of the upper jaw.

It seemed far better than the alternative,
so I ordered a device.
Meet the Z Quiet.


WOW!
The first couple of nights were hard - 
slight pain in teeth
and adjustment learning how to swallow with the device in ...
but the results were phenomenal.

Less waking during the night.
No apneas with hubby having to push me back over to my side.
Mornings where I can hop out of bed with hubby.
Energy.  Real energy.
So excited.
Hubby is excited too - 
no more listening to me choking myself 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment