Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Without a Name

At the beginning of the year,
I mentioned a goal of finding new ministries.

The struggle has been that we wanted to presume on our ministry.
I went to school to be a teacher.
Shouldn't my ministry involve teaching?
Hubby went to school to be a pastor.
Shouldn't his ministry be teaching or preaching?

With a prayer to find our place,
God has continued to show us ministry after ministry.

Sometimes ministry doesn't have a name.
Ministry can be faithfulness in the every day.
Ministry can be a smile.
Ministry can be a note.
Ministry can be just doing what you do.

This week,
I was asked to spearhead the college care packages.
Ministry.
Ministry that I already do.
But I can encourage others while doing it.

Hubby has helped with machine repair.
Hubby has texted Bible verses.
And he has ministered to others.

I write this to encourage you.
Ministry does not always have a name ...
it is not always "pastor," or "teacher," or "deacon,"
or "pianist," or ...

I may still struggle from time to time - 
but I am thankful for the peace and direction right now.





No comments:

Post a Comment