Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Good Night ... Sleep Tight ...

Can you finish the childhood line of poetry?

Unfortunately, I can ...

"...Don't let the bed bugs bite."

This week, my woman's work has been consumed with chasing and trying to eradicate bed bugs.
While this post comes with a bit of shame or embarrassment 
(though bed bugs are not a sign of uncleanliness),
I write it in case you ever discover yourself in the situation.
I don't know where we picked up the first "hitchhiker" - 
maybe from our travels in June,
maybe from a dinner guest,
maybe from a tractor,
maybe from a waiting room chair.

For the past 2 weeks,
we have found little spots of blood on the bed sheets.
With a mechanic, there is often a scab or scratch bleeding,
so we thought little of it ...
but they were becoming more and more frequent and we couldn't find the offending spot.
So I "googled" mysterious spots on bed sheets.

AAAHH!  Bed bugs.
We found them.

Fortunately, we do not react to the bites,
but I have the creepy crawlies just writing about it.

So we have sprayed,
we have spread diatomaceous earth,
we have wrapped the mattress and box spring,
and I have done LOADS of hot water wash!

And I am sure we will be on guard for months!



No comments:

Post a Comment