Pages

Monday, August 13, 2018

Simple Chicken Burritos

Last week, I set aside the traditional recipes
and went in search of some new favorites.
I was feeling like I was in a great rut and needed to change things up.
So every day, we tried something new.
One of the favorites was a burrito recipe.

I cooked up one pound of chicken in the toaster oven.
I threw the cooked chicken in the kitchen-aid mixer to shred it.
Then I added one finely diced avocado and a cup of shredded cheese.
TADA!  Burrito filling.
I wrapped with an Aldi gluten free sandwich wrap
and browned in a greased skillet.

Simple and good.

But it did lack a little something.
I am going to try again on Wednesday and add a packet of taco seasoning to the inside mix because it was a little bland.

Did you wonder about the cheese?
Last I mentioned that we had totally given it up.
Upon further diagnosis of the situation
it was determined that hubby's daily "otter pops"
were not agreeing with him.
Crazy huh?

Update 8/30
We are thinking that it is the dyes in the popsicles that is the problem.
He had the same problems with Gatorade.

3 comments:

  1. Missed your comment ... "otter pops" are a brand of the popsicles that are in the plastic sleeves. U.C. likes to have one or two at about 4 oclock at work or even on his ride home to cool down after a hot day! Switched to "Outshine" bars - pure fruit and fruit juice instead of sugar water.

    ReplyDelete