Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Day By Day

This week, 
the song rolling around in my mind is 
"Day by Day."
I will be playing it as an offertory tomorrow.
It helps my nerves when I focus on the words
and this song has always meant a lot to me.

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow’r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

This week, the Lord has shown us His strength.
Last week, I mentioned a big decision.
The situation came up suddenly and seemed overwhelming.
By Sunday afternoon,
God had given us the answer
and His peace.
Not only did He give direction but He gave an understanding about other parts of our life.
"Casting all your cares upon Him ..."

For those of you who grabbed the non-specific prayer request last week ...
Thank you for praying ...
God heard and answered.

Keep trusting ... Day By Day

No comments:

Post a Comment