Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Early Morning

I am so thankful for a diligent hubby.  He is up faithfully at 4:30 each day to meet with the Lord, because it sets the tone for his day and cannot be crowded out by activities in each day.  He often lets me enjoy another hour of sleep before I make breakfast and start the laundry, but today I arose with him.  We shared Pumpkin Spice Lattes while we read together.  It was a good morning!  I received a blessing in the end of I Samuel as I read about David's mighty men ... these were men who are forever noted in the Word because they "stayed by the stuff."  I was challenged to stick to what I know to be true, to do right.  I continued reading in Job and continue to be reminded that God is much higher than I and I should not be presumptuous to question His work in my life.  Finally Proverbs 15:27 caught my attention: "He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live."  This verse, combined with David's assertion about not offering anything to God that cost Him nothing made me think.  Do my tithes and offerings cost me anything?  It is easy to budget these items (even above 10%) and they become routine and not a sacrifice.  Do I need to offer God more?

No comments:

Post a Comment