Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Where's my song?

Usually on Tuesday, I post a song or a Psalm.  I didn't have a particular tune going through my mind and I am reading Job through slowly rather than a Psalm a day.  So I will share a bit of Job with you.

Job 1:20-22; 2:10
Then Job arose, ... and worshipped, ...
and said, ... blessed be the name of the LORD. 
In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.
But he said unto her, ...
shall we receive good at the hand of God,
and shall we not receive evil? 
In all this did not Job sin with his lips.

I think this struck me so strongly this week, because I have been prone to ask "why?" and to compare my situation with the situations of those around me.  I needed the reminder to just praise God and to remember that God doeth all things well.

1 comment:

  1. i've been reading job this week too. actually, i've been quite unwell for the past couple of weeks, so i've been able to spend a lot of time focusing on it without many distractions. i'm on chapter 23, and am deeply moved by job's confidence in his own uprightness (which God confirmed) as well as in God's goodness even though he was confused to know why God was allowing all this undeserved suffering.

    ReplyDelete