Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Music and Menus

So, I have not exactly been stellar at getting back into blogging.  It really does throw me for a loop when our schedules change again after the school semester and this May has been a doozy!

I mentioned earlier that hubby was done at the farm.  He is enjoying being out of the heat and doing something indoors.  I tease him that he has OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and organizing and stocking shelves at Kmart is just the thing for him.  He loves it!  He also gets his workout on truck days when he is unloading trucks.  The only downfall to me is that his schedule is ALWAYS changing - no idea what he is working from week to week!

While we waited for the Kmart employment to start, God provided two different jobs for me.  The first was a transcription job.  I transcribed 10 different sermons that the speaker was desiring to have published into a book.  It was a new skill to learn and practice, but I found the work fun.  In addition to typing and editing there was also research to verify spelling and key facts.  The job is finished now, but I hope that my efforts will yield more opportunities for secretarial-like work at home.

I also started giving piano lessons as more than a ministry.  I currently have 6 students that I teach on Monday mornings.  I have 2 children, 2 teens, and 2 adults at present.  I am enjoying the opportunity to share what I know and to prepare more musicians for church ministry.  God is also using the income to offset the pay cut and limited hours that hubby has at Kmart.

Now that things are slowing down (I think), I am back to searching cookbooks for new recipes.  I found this one last week.  Hubby loved the flavor and I loved the fact that it only took 15 minutes and it did not use the oven!

Pasta and Bean Skillet

1 c salsa
2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni (2 oz) - I used what I had - whole wheat rotini
3/4 c water
2 tsp chili powder
1 can (15-16 oz) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Heat all ingredients except cheese to boiling.
Reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer 15 minutes stirring frequently just until macaroni is tender.
Sprinkle with cheese.



1 comment:

  1. it's good to see you again, and to find out what you two are up to.

    ReplyDelete