Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

TWO MONTHS! Officially a terrible blogger!

I do apologize.  It has been 2 months since my last post.  Thanks to those who hopped on in May and sent birthday greetings my way.  I turned 36 on May 15.  It was a lovely day and even included a visit from family!

I have been away because of various responsibilities.  In April, our area received two bad wind storms which left our property a mess of trees and branches.  There was a lot of hauling and cutting to take care of while lawn cutting and gardening was also ramping up.  At the end of April, I was job hunting for hubby while he finished up his time on the farm (I sure don't miss those farm clothes in my washer daily) and a busy school semester (ONLY ONE MORE TO GO!) 

In May, after the semester, hubby started part-time at Kmart and I took two jobs that did not violate my conscience about being a "keeper at home" but have helped to meet some needs in the home.  I finished transcribing 10 sermons throughout the month of May and the first week of June.  I don't have training in this area, but I did get faster as I practiced and I appreciate what I learned.  I also began teaching piano lessons to non-church folks.  They are still falling into place, but I think that I may have 8 students in about 4 hours on Saturday mornings (hoping to move to a weekday now that the local schools are through).  In the middle of May, my oldest niece on the Hadley side came for a two week "summer sewing camp."  I enjoyed the company and the time with a niece that I once lived with about 10 years ago. 

Now it is June and I am now trying to learn Greek with some church folks and Hebrew with Hubby ... don't know if I can swing both, but I will give it a hearty stab.  This morning, I started adding to my eBay sales and hope to get that moving in a profitable direction again.  The garden has produced peas, lettuce, spinach, zucchini, carrots, and beets.  I see some cucumbers forming and the squash, melons and tomatoes are flowering.  I just planted beans and the pepper plants look good.

I hope to catch up on some of the back posts, but I make no promises :)

Thanks for being patient with me.  It is good to be back.

1 comment: