Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

October Thanksgiving

I will be signing off for about a week.  Some family is coming in and we will be celebrating Thanksgiving this week.  It will be a busy week and a full house.  The house has been cleaned and some baking done ahead for quick and easy breakfasts.  Just have to do the last minute straightening and moving our personal belongings out of the way.  Here is one of the make-aheads that I did.  I am not sure if my guests will get any or not ... because hubby is REALLY enjoying them.

Ultra Chocolate Muffins

1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c apple juice (I had to substitute water here)
1/4 c water
1/4 c butter, melted
1 T vinegar (any type)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c chocolate chips (I used a combination of mint and dark chocolate)

In mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.  Stir.  In separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients.  Mix well. 
Add wet to the dry and add chips.  Mix until blended, but be careful not to over mix. 
Pour into greased or paper-lined muffin tins.  Bake at 375* for 18 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I certainly enjoy the title of the recipe. We may have to try them some time.

    ReplyDelete