Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A Healthy Heart

Proverbs 14:30 
 A sound heart is the life of the flesh: 
but envy the rottenness of the bones.

There are lots of things that I do to keep a healthy heart.
I exercise.
I get plenty of rest (most of the time).
I try to eat "healthy" fats.
I try to keep salt intake low.
I try to drink lots of water.

A Sound Heart.
It is whole.
It is healthy.
It is unwavering.
It is steadfast.
It brings health.

The writer of Proverbs lists one cause of distress in the heart ... 
ENVY!
The sources of envy can be many ...
I can envy someones marriage, children, home, car, 
possessions, clothes, beauty, vacations, health ...
but my life will be full, complete, and whole if I practice contentment.

What sin is rotting your bones today?
Is it envy?
fear?
worry?
discouragement?
pride?
lack of discipline?

Get rid of the sin and live a full and healthy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment