Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

AAH! Refreshing

For weeks, I had had the desire to make iced tea.
It is so refreshing on a hot day.
In addition, I had fresh mint growing on the porch.

I intended to "google" for a recipe,
but ended up searching through recipe books for the best way to use the fresh herbs.

I ended up with 

Fresh Mint Cooler

1 c fresh mint
4 c boiling water
ice
sugar (honey) to taste

* Place mint in large bowl; pour water over mint; let stand for 2 hours
* Strain mint mixture; discard mint.  Fill glasses with ice; add mint mixture and sugar.

*Note* I added honey while the mint mixture was still warm and then refrigerated.


Hubby said that he never wanted regular iced tea again.
I guess I will have to plant a mint patch to keep up with the demand :)

2 comments:

  1. I have fresh mint this week! Thanks for the inspiration. My kettle is beginning to boil as I type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did.

      Delete