Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

A New Office

This week I am grateful for my new office.

My old computer was giving me many hints that it would not hold on much longer.
Daily I feared that the 10 minute startup would not end in a welcome screen.
The DVD driver was dead, the screen driver died periodically, ...
So, we finally broke down and got a new one.
With the update in computers,
we also needed a new printer.

While I don't like the learning curve on new technology,
I am thankful for God's provision.
I am thankful for the faster processor.
I am thankful that both hubby and I can now share a printer.
I am thankful that I didn't lose any files (except those connected to my obsolete home publishing program.

I am saddened that my new computer can't use my old home publishing software - 
I absolutely loved the intuitiveness and ability of my Microsoft Home Publishing (c. 2000).
Does any one have any recommendations for a new program?

1 comment:

  1. You could try some of the suggestion here for continuing to use it:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/microsoft-home-publishing-2000-compatible-with/70d3c933-f03e-4c27-8602-e9fbde8c3879
    I am unfamiliar with what the program does, so I am at a loss as to what to replace it with.

    ReplyDelete