Pages

Monday, May 9, 2016

For My Weekend Guest (and His Mom)

Last Sunday, we had a wedding shower after the evening service.
Cutesy - Easy finger foods were in order.
So I called on Google!

Up popped this recipe
How could it fail?
It had two of my favorite ingredients - cilantro and BACON!

I was called on to make it again this weekend,
and my weekend guest loved it too.

Bacon, Corn, and Jalapeno Bites

1 8-oz package bacon
2 c. fresh or frozen corn (thawed, if frozen)
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (I only used one)
1 small red onion, finely chopped (I omitted)
1 c grape tomatoes, quartered
1 c fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
Juice of 2 limes (4 TBSP)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 bag of scoop-shaped tortilla chips

Cook bacon and reserve 2 TBSP of drippings.
Chop bacon, add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
Serve with "Scoops."

No comments:

Post a Comment