Pages

Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday Forum: As The Temperature Rises

While not at its worst,
the temperature is rising here in NC.
With that comes the desire for different meals.

We don't desire hot soup,
heavy pasta meals and casseroles.

I have begun to use the "summer" recipes again.
We have a lot of grilled veggie sandwiches,
Mediterranean grilled chicken salads,
turkey burgers,
salmon patties,
various pizza varieties,
fish with rice and veggies ...

But I feel like I am in a rut ...
uninspired for the summer season...

What's on your summer menu?
Help spur my creativity again!


2 comments:

  1. We enjoy taco salad (meat or lentils) with a generous portion of avacado and a variety of greens.
    We have spinach and apple sandwiches for a light meal if you have a gluten free bread that you can use (we use mayonnaise, but you could substitute avacado).
    When corn and tomatoes are fresh we really like homemade salsa and corn chips.
    Sometimes a fruit smoothy with a breakfast meal at supper is a fun variety with something refreshing and cool to drink in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I missed your comment when this first posted. I often need the reminder of Breakfast for dinner. I don't often make fruit smoothies in the morning because I am looking for more protein, but at night ... YUMMY! I will have to try the spinach and apple sandwich ... sounds good.

      Delete