Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Those Who Challenge

On this Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for those who challenge.
My pastor's daughter (and wife) recommended a book to me a while back.
I recently purchased it for our travels
(because reading aloud helps the time to pass
and keeps our tongues in control).

The book is
Small Acts of Grace


The book has been a real challenge to me to really look for ways to encourage ...
to act when I see those needs ...
and to look beyond a need to see that everyone needs encouragement.
Perhaps the biggest challenge so far was the author's reminder to remember needs
beyond the "urgent" moment.
So often I meet a need, I pray, I encourage while the need is "great,"
but when the need becomes the everyday mundane, I have ashamedly moved on.

While it is written to women, my hubby has also been challenged
and our guest this week has enjoyed the book too.

I am thankful for the ladies who recommended the book.
And I am thankful for the author who spent the time to write.

(Disclaimer:  Mrs. Gray does not use the KJV when she quotes scripture
and would attend more liberal churches than I would promote or encourage)

No comments:

Post a Comment