Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

The Gentle Rebuke

 This morning, I mentioned that yesterday had been a tough day.
We were flying high - very high - over the weekend.
We had planned a survey trip for hubby to our possible new location.
All systems go!
The church seems good (dare I say great), 
4 possible job locations within an hour of the church,
and the thoughts of finally purchasing a home.
This might even be our final move.

And then ...
I started researching moving truck prices!
Yes, that was the stinger - the derailer.
$10,000 to rent a truck between OR and TN?
Yet only $3,000 to take one from TN to OR?

Do you see the difficulty?
I actually went to a few sites thinking that the first one had a glitch in the online calculator.
It seems that we are not the only ones wanting to leave the liberal west coast.😀

The flesh immediately wanted to get mad,
to cry,
to ask why.
I am going through the Minor Prophets with my Sunday School Class.
I felt like the prophets.
Why was I being punished for moving to OR to do right?
I moved 3 years ago on Biblical principle
and truly believe that we are moving again in God's plan.
So why the hurdles?
(Should have just thought on Amos in which God promises not to forget works of any type - good or bad)

And then God, as He does, brought the gentle rebuke ... in the funniest ways.
We had bought 2 books that came recommended to us.
Neither one turned out to be what we expected, 
but we opened the book that we were reading together last night ...
This is the chapter title that greeted us ...

Trust God to Deliver in His Own Unique Way

And as we finished that chapter, the next chapter title screamed ...

View Your Current Crisis as a Faith Builder for the Future

And then, in the devotional book that I was reading,
I awoke this morning to this Proverb ...

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.
Proverbs 24:10

Yes, God, I get it.
Another reminder that Sandra is not in control.
Another reminder that I don't have to understand.
Another reminder to just rest.
Another reminder that His ways are not our ways.

And as I stand back,
I can see that maybe God wants me to hire a moving company for less than it would cost me to DIY
and thus give me a more comfortable drive across the country.
I can see that maybe God will keep asking me to trust and drop prices in the final hour.
I can see that He doesn't need my money or my wisdom.
I can see that I still have a long way to go in the area of trust and faith.

And one more gentle rebuke ...
Sandra, you are helping to plan a Praise Service for TONIGHT!
You are presenting Psalm 103 in song.
Bless the LORD, oh my soul, and forget not all his benefits.
He has always been faithful and will continue to be!

I don't know what may try to steal your joy today,
but listen to your gentle rebukes.
And if you can't hear yours ...
at least listen to the ones that God sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment