Pages

Friday, May 6, 2022

Circumvent

 Every dollar counts.
They always have,
but they seem to be harder to hold on to these days.

Of course, with a home purchase right around the corner
and raging inflation,
I am trying to be wise in spending.

But in the effort,
I don't want to forget others.
I don't want to cease to be a giver.

Of course, this weekend is Mother's Day.
It is a strange day this year.
It is the first year that I have only sent one Mother's Day card in 20 years.
It is a Mother's Day tinged with sadness, especially for hubby.
It is always a difficult day as we rightfully honor mothers at church,
and God has continued to have other plans for me.
But it is a day when I rejoice with 3 ladies who are celebrating as first time mothers this year (all in the last 3 months)
and remembering and being thankful for my own mother.

I am so glad that I will get to see my mom next week,
but I did want to honor her with a gift this weekend.
But I was torn...
I wanted to send some live plants,
but the delivery fees were crazy.

So I circumvented the system.
I had her local "Kroger" deliver a hanging basket and some tulip bulbs.
I signed up for Instacart and received 3 free deliveries.
Not only were the plants cheaper than the florist,
but the delivery was free (there was a small service charge and I could tip the driver).

And if the weather is bad in the next 10 days and I don't want to walk for my groceries,
or if I want to send flowers to another recipient,
I have two more free deliveries.

If you want to look into it,
they sent me this link to pass along.
Supposedly it will give both of us $10 if you desire to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment