Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Where is the Challenge?

 I am not a competitive person.
I avoid stress if possible.
I am happy to cheer for other people.
But there have to be some challenges in life.

Hubby and I are currently working on memorizing Psalm 119.
What?
We have been challenged to memorize as far as we can through the summer with our church.
I may only get through verse 8.
Maybe I will make it through 16.
I want to learn 8 verses each month which would get me through verse 24,
but whatever I learn, the challenge has been helpful.
It has lit a fire.
It has given hubby and I another something to do together.
It has focused our minds on good things.

We have also set another challenge.
We are about to do something we thought we would never do.
We are about to sign a mortgage.
Debt is not something we see as good.
And so we take another challenge.
Can we pay off the house in 5 years or less?
That is the challenge.
And as inflation continues, the challenge gets harder.

I have read many a blog where that same challenge led to boxed macaroni and cheese weekly.
How about packages of Bar S hotdogs marked down to 88 cents a pack?
Unfortunately, my body could not handle that,
but it can handle more simplicity.
As I write, there is a big pot of beans on the stove.
As a matter of fact, the rice just finished as well.
We might get more of our favorite "breakfast for dinner" nights.
In fact, tonight we are enjoying chia pancakes - a brand new favorite.

Have you challenged yourself to something?
Is there something that helps you better yourself?
Is there something that sharpens you?

Don't be afraid of the challenge!
Let it strengthen you!

No comments:

Post a Comment