Pages

Friday, June 24, 2022

Did I Mention Patience?

Can you tell by the title what did not happen today?

I visited my beautiful new home this morning.
I collected the keys to my beautiful new home this morning. 
I went to closing with money and pen in hand.
And I left closing needing to return my keys.

It appears that my builder approved the final appraiser,
but some carpet had been removed in order to replace it (I imagine a paint spill),
the gas hadn't been turned on,
some faucets still needed to be installed,
and my new house failed.

While these things were in tip-top shape this morning,
without another appraisal, the mortgage cannot go through.

So we are a little disappointed
and we are waiting for a new closing date,
but we will be homeowners soon enough.

Now off to Walmart for a little stock-up before the weekend.

*** Afternoon Edit ***
We received a nice call from the owner of the company that built our home.
He genuinely apologized and mentioned that he was actually at the house this morning (though unseen).
He saw that things were not done properly and even found some other small details that needed to be fixed.
Oh - and he said we could keep a key and spend all the time we wanted to there or move in
(though I am not really comfortable with that).


1 comment:

  1. May your pursuit of Him as you wait, be the joy that carries you while you wait, We rejoice with you in all that God has already done to display his hand upon you for this move; may you now rest upon the truth of His good hand upon you, knowing that he will prosper you. Nehemiah 2:17-20

    ReplyDelete