Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Cue the Big Sigh

 First off ... Happy Birthday to my dear one!
It is the 20th birthday we will celebrate together
and it seems like each year is a year to remember.
This year will be special because we are HOME!
We knew that Oregon was just a temporary duty station,
so after 3 years, there is a relief in possibly putting down roots.

Yes, the huge sigh is because we are in our new home.
Last week, in the midst of our personal Covid epidemic, very warm heat, and coughing fits,
we finished a few projects at the new house and moved some simple loads of boxes or small furniture with the car.
On Friday night, we rented the small UHaul and finished the job in about 3 hours.
We woke up Saturday morning in our new home.

The rest of the weekend, we laid low,
primarily because I was not sleeping well at night
and also because I needed a little while to sit in the space.
My mind was tired of decisions ... at least for a bit.
I couldn't think long, because I know that my hubby needs order and peace.
In reality, I do too.  A place for everything and everything in its place.

I hit the ground running yesterday.
Yesterday, I "settled" the Master bed, bath, and closet.
Though things are bound to change a bit,
almost everything has found a home.
(No pics yet because there are no window treatments or wall decorations up yet).
I also spent about 6 hours on the Facebook marketplace selling 4 large items so that there could be some room in hubby's garage.
The new space just required that some furniture go - and why not help someone else in the process.
All four sold in record time and I am relieved of the incessant massaging today.
Hubby is glad that his garage is taking shape.

Today, I enjoyed having a workout space in the garage again.
I also enjoyed the brightness of the kitchen and living room as I wrote some letters and made some plans.
Both our home in Oregon and our temporary apartment were very dark in the living areas.
We have walls of windows here (which will also require some insulated window treatment soon because the sun is warm).
And the rest of the day involves "settling" the living room and kitchen.
This will involve setting up my piano keyboard after not playing for almost 4 months!
I will also tinker in the garage trying to clear even more space.

But we are in and we are grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment