Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Transformation Beyond the House

 I have led a privileged life.
Really!!
I do not believe that I have EVER lacked for anything.
God has been so good.
I have been surrounded by a father, brothers, a husband, and many friends who give and give and give.
I have worked for many things,
but I have received far and above what I could ever deserve.

And this weekend, I realized that in many ways, I have exhibited an entitled spirit.
I wandered around my brand new, beautiful home.
I looked for where things would be placed.
And in essence, I mourned the things that would not get to stay.
I no longer have the excuse that "I might need it in the next house."
As far as I know, this home is fairly permanent.
Some things could not stay any longer.

And as I thought about the things that I needed to say goodbye to,
my husband said, "I should have gotten you a bigger home."
While I was "mourning," he felt like his gift was inadequate.
He had given what we could afford.
He had given all that we needed (we are only 2 people) and actually more than we needed.
And yet, I made him feel like it was not enough.

I have apologized to God and to him.
And realized that on this Tuesday Transformation,
I am the one who needs to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment