Pages

Friday, August 5, 2022

MIA - Missing In Action

 Still plugging along at settling a new home. 
Last Friday, I emptied the last cardboard box.
Now, I am just going through rubbermaid totes trying to pare down.
I have some things to send to Goodwill, some things to sell on Ebay, and some things have just gone directly to the garbage.

Yesterday, some of the landscaping arrived.

the home purchase provided one tree, eight bushes and some mulch

We trust that the sod is not far behind.
I think I counted 5 homes that got sod this week and about 10 that are still waiting.
In preparation, I have been working to remove weeds.
Knowing the tendency of man to save money and energy, we just doubt that the weeds would be cared for properly before the sod is laid.


I have gotten a bit "soft" and have blisters to prove it.
I only had a trowel to help loosen the dirt around weeds ...
until hubby brought me a crow bar - Thanks Hubby!

If sod is not laid today and the rain gives me a window to work,
the area should be free of major weeds by tomorrow and we will be in basic maintenance mode daily.
Just a piece in the side yard and the back yard left.

not the best pictures, but you can see weed-free vs. weed

And here is a picture for you.
Here is the front door (from inside).
Hubby applied the plastic design to the front window to add some privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment