Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Did I Mention that I Have to Paint?

Today is surgery day.
It appears that I get a plate and some screws.
And ... quite the lengthy recovery.
Hubby has been great helping his one-handed wife and just taking on a second job.

There are still some extra projects that have been going on.
I am glad I finished some projects that were already started.
In fact, I finished the dresser the day before the big fall.

One project was refinishing a dresser for our bedroom.
We sold 2 dressers that we had purchased when we married.
I had refinished them in OR, but we just needed to downsize.

We still have 2 dressers from hubby's grandmother.
But ...
we were tired of the French Provincial style.

this one is waiting its turn :)

So we turned it into more of a farmhouse look.


I was confused as to how to get the look I wanted.
I love the look of a wood top,
but the dresser had a laminate top.
I tried to sand, but to no avail.
Then I found a paint online that is made of wood chips.
I ordered it (again with survey money),
and it actually worked.
The top of the dresser was painted and then stained like regular wood.
I used "Coastal Blue" chalk paint and then distressed it.
And I spray painted the handles.

The other project was a console table that hubby made for the living room.
I so wanted a place to decorate for the seasons and a place to set things on the way in or out of the house (ie phone, wallet, bag).
It also is a good place to set a drink at night while relaxing on the couch.
Hubby quickly put this together using some leftover wood from the closet project and $12 of additional wood.


Stained top and shelf
Chalk paint on legs and aprons.

No comments:

Post a Comment