Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2022

Yardwork May be Dirty, but It's Not A Dirty Word

 There are few things that I enjoy more than working in the yard.
While I did not like weeding the red clay in preparation for the sod,
I love mowing, tending flowers, enjoying the outdoors.
We are not truly to Fall weather but after 3 days back in the upper 90s,
today's mid-70s weather was perfect for some mowing.


You can see a few spots where the grass was "drowned" or "matted down." 
Still some maintenance to do, but making progress.


When we moved to Oregon, hubby would always ask prospective landlords 
if I could mow or if they hired the lawn care out.
After nearly 6 months off, I am now back to mowing.
On Saturday, and then again today, I mowed our new yard.
It is a peaceful activity and usually very satisfying.
It takes a whopping 33 minutes and it is just perfect!

Hubby bought me a little battery-powered mower in OR.
After 3 years, I am thankful that it is still running well.
And now we are adding to the family of battery-powered tools.
2 weeks ago, I ordered an edger to keep the sidewalk, patio, and driveway neat,
and in the first week of October, I hope to order the string trimmer and blower.

Why wait for the order?
Well, I have been able to use survey money to provide for a lot of the extras in our move ...
Curtain rods, curtains, lawn care.  
By the first week of October, I should have what I need.
I am thankful that just this week,
God provided 2 online interviews (for 2 hours total) for $68 in gift cards.
Atypical, yes, but a blessing nonetheless.
Then 2 weeks ago,
a survey company sent me a Galaxy Smartwatch to evaluate.
When I finish the survey - on the marketplace it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment