Pages

Monday, June 19, 2023

Breathe

 For two weeks, our schedules have been changed.
While we have tried to keep Bible time and exercise on schedule,
the sleep schedule and time for relaxation has changed.
Two weeks ago, hubby had some training in MN.
Since he flew and had a coworker with him,
I did not go this time.
So I spent much of the week in Indiana with friends and family.


Then last week,
we had nightly VBS from 5:30-8:15.
Because we are about an hour from church, it was more like 4:30 to 9:15/9:30.
Because hubby and I were like ships passing as he came home for the night and I left,
we decided that it was a good week for him to visit some of the northernmost stores 
and just get a hotel for a few nights.

But this week,
oh, it feels good to breathe.

I did not have to rush through the weekly cleaning today.
God sent a gentle rain this morning so that I did not have to water the lawn or garden.
We enjoyed a leisurely dinner.
We are enjoying a quiet evening in with a candle burning and quiet music and an iced coffee.
The week is free for some extra cleaning projects and maybe some extra baking.

There truly is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment