Pages

Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Prayer Works!

 I mentioned that last week our church had VBS.
I was excited and nervous.
I hadn't taught in over a year.
Usually, when I have taught, I know my students.
I know how many students I will have.
I know what backgrounds they come from.

The church had "blitzed" flyers and sent out mailers.
The bus children were excited to bring guests.
What would happen in class?
How many students would there be?

The story time was the last item of the night.
They would have a rally.
They would make a craft.
They would eat a snack.
They would have game time.
Then they would come to Bible time.

Would they be rowdy?
Would they just be ready to fall asleep?
Would they be on a sugar high?


People were praying.
They were praying for each child,
They were praying for me.
They were praying for an atmosphere conducive to learning.

And God was pleased to answer in the affirmative.
I do not believe I have ever taught a class with so little need for correction.
I do not believe I have ever taught a class where the vast majority "got it."
And it was not the teacher,
it was answered prayer.

Perhaps you used to be a visible "doer" in a ministry, 
but are now limited in your ability to be out front.
Please know that a behind the scene ministry of prayer is greater than the outward ministry.
Prayer works!

No comments:

Post a Comment