Pages

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Off Plan? Don't Make Assumptions!

 One thing that I am trying to work on is not making assumptions.
While it may be fun while people watching ...๐Ÿ˜Š
(see, there is Matilda, she is a grandma from Texas entering Walmart to buy fruit snacks for her 80 grandchildren
or there is Annabelle, she is a teen entering Walmart to buy press-on nails and a cola),
it is not fair or helpful when critiquing others or assuming I know their motives.

I can easily assume the worst in others instead of giving the benefit of the doubt
or asking for clarification in a kind way.

Go not forth hastily to strive, 
lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, 
when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame.
Proverbs 25:8

A silly example happened this week as I made my meal plan.

Friday - fast food night at home (nuggets and french fries with a green drink)
Saturday - Spaghetti
Sunday - Corn Chowder
Tuesday - TATER TOT CASSEROLE

Hubby stopped at Tuesday and said, 
"So we are going off plan?"

Why would he say that?

Ground beef
condensed soup
cheese
green beans 
and tater tots
would not typically be a weeknight meal.
Usually, we save these "comfort" foods for a Friday night.

But he assumed I was making the familiar,
when in fact,

Onions
mushrooms
red lentils
green beans
peas
corn
red pepper
and yes, the more processed tater tots on top

It was not far off plan.
Some of the rainbow - green beans and peas, yellow corn, red pepper, white mushroom and onion
lots of fiber and protein with the red lentils
and still gluten and dairy-free!

His assumptions did not hurt anyone.
In fact, he was just supporting me to help me make good decisions for our meals,
but my assumptions about others can be hurtful.
And not only can they be hurtful to others,
but they can bring shame and embarrassment to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment