Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Where have you been? Part II

There are times in life when you just have to (or get to) sit back and evaluate what you are doing.
Moving cross country creates a natural opportunity for that.
You disconnect from almost everything that filled your schedule outside of homemaking.

It was hard to leave a Sunday School ministry,
a piano ministry,
choir,
a printing ministry,
and regular interaction with college students and young couples.

On top of that ... add a pandemic that halts everything.

Early in the fall,
I was really feeling disconnected and lacking ministry.
Through blogs and podcasts that I read and listen to for encouragement and challenge,
I thought that I needed to find some younger women to encourage.
I needed to be a part of the older encouraging the younger.
That demographic is a little sparse around me right now,
so I began writing letters - yes, good old fashioned snail mail.
Some college students, some young mothers, and some women just waiting on God's plan.
And then the pandemic began and there were church shut-ins to add to the list.


It has been a fun ministry for me.
Who doesn't like to get mail once in a while?
And hopefully, it will encourage a young woman in right paths.



No comments:

Post a Comment