Pages

Monday, July 13, 2020

Where have you been?

A friend recently commented that I hadn't written for a while.
I was reminded that this forum is a way that many people learn about me.
It is definitely a way to update family and friends.
It is also a way to evaluate what I am doing,
why I am doing it,
and to think about whether it lines up with my goals and aspirations - 
you know, keeping my life simple so that I can focus on God and my family and ministry.
(Just look at the header of the blog)

So where have I been?
Good question, huh?
I guess I struggled as most people have.
Covid-19 and its ramifications hit us all in different ways.
We were actually not disturbed too much.
Church was online for about 2 months.
Grocery stores lacked some staples for only a few weeks.
But mostly, it was just a lack of personal interaction.
That kind of hit hard.
It also led to a little bit of monotony which made writing about the day to day seem uninteresting.

But we were thankful for work.
We were thankful for food on the table.
We were thankful that until July 1, masks were optional in most places.
We were thankful for the technology that connected us to churches around America.

My days were actually fairly unchanged.
Homemaking doesn't stop for Covid-19.
We still had laundry, still dirtied the house, still needed to eat.

During this time, I worked to keep our immune systems running at optimum performance.
We cut way back on the sweets.
But occasionally, I really just wanted a cookie.

And then I found something that satisfied.

Enter the 4 ingredient Breakfast Cookie.


Ingredients

2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
3 large overripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup chocolate chips or craisins

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350F. 
Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix very well, until fully combined. 
If using chocolate chips or craisins, stir them in with a spatula.
Use a cookie scoop to drop balls on parchment.  Flatten slightly.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden on the edges. Remove from the oven. 
Allow cooling on the mat for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. 

Makes 8-12
If not eaten right away, keep in refrigerator (or the banana will get very slimy.


Hubby was skeptical, but the cookies are actually really good.
I guess they don't really have a normal cookie texture,
but it is a sweet treat and can be eaten as breakfast, snack, dessert ...
And during a pandemic when flour and sugar are hard to find ...
Not A Problem!




No comments:

Post a Comment