Pages

Friday, July 24, 2020

Where have you been? The Conclusion

Well, I think that you, my friends and family,
are all caught up.
The summation of the past 4-5 months has led me to a conclusion.

As I finished this series of posts,
I was reminded of a conversation that I once had with an older woman in NC.
She was discouraged,
she felt as if she had no ministry,
she wanted to do more, to help more.
I remember encouraging her to look outside the normal "ministry" spots.
I encouraged her to try something new.
These posts show a bit of that need to heed my own advice.

Where have I been?

I have been in the school of patience,
in the school of flexibility,
in the school of waiting (sometimes different than patience).
I have been in a school that called for some creativity.
I have been in a school of relying on God alone (and that is a good thing).

God is always good.
There are always ways to serve Him.
There are always people who need you (and me, too).


And two little side notes:

First, thanks to all those who welcomed me back to the blogosphere with a hearty, "We missed you!"

And second, a funny little "I am still learning as a wife" moment.
A friend challenged me to post 7 days of pictures of hubby and me together.
I did a walk down memory lane.
Day one - a dating picture
Day two - wedding day and honeymoon
Day three - NY pics
Day four - WA pics
Day five - NC pics
Day six - OR pics
Then I needed one more pic for the last day.
So I took a picture in the garage before hubby left for work.


His comment:
"I wondered why you brushed your hair before I left."
Guess who has been running a brush through her hair as soon as she wakes up.
Yeah!  Guess I had gotten a little slack.

Have a good weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment