Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2021

A Rarity

 A Saturday post is a rarity,
but hubby is working on an outline for a service on Tuesday
and I am waiting on some dough to rise (I hope).

I haven't made yeast bread in a long while - 
it is not quite the same when made gluten-free,
but I was reading to some children this week and the last chapter was on baking bread.
The description just put me in the mood for fresh bread.
And it will go well with the minestrone soup tonight if it turns out.

I missed a "thankful" post this week.
I am thankful for an after-dinner walk with hubby last night
and a walk of almost 1 1/2 hours this morning.
Walking is just such a life-giving activity to me.
Both mind and body benefit from the fresh air and exercise.
I usually find an excuse to walk to town at least twice a week by myself.
Sometimes the activities of the day do not allow for a long couples walk,
but this weekend was a little calmer and provided the window for it.

I am thankful for the longer Bible study time that the weekends afford.
There were no time restraints on our Bible reading and study this morning.
Daily Bible reading is the primary source of fuel for the week.

I am thankful for the children that come over once a week
as well as the children who will come to Sunday School tomorrow morning.
Teaching is another "life-giving" activity for me.
I enjoy the challenge of imparting knowledge,
of teaching character,
of supporting parents and teachers.

And I am thankful for a home to "work" in.
Homemaking and nutrition and health and ambiance all feed me as well.
There is such a challenge in finding ways to foster peace,
in finding recipes that build health and strength,
in living within my means.
There is such satisfaction in seeing the results of such efforts.

I hope that today, and everyday, 
you are doing things that encourage and strengthen you.

No comments:

Post a Comment