Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Just Do It

It is the end of a grey but rain-free Wednesday.
We have actually had  2 rain-free days in a row.
The break in the rain allowed me to more comfortably mow the lawn yesterday.
I also enjoyed a walk to town without the need for an umbrella.

Today I was able to clear out the email box which had filled up since our weekend away.
I have also done some research for our Thanksgiving and Christmas services.
It was a good day for more quiet work and more rest.
It was a day begging for a nap ...
BUT
I still had to do some exercise!

It was sheer determination that took me outside to make the most of the rain-free day
and get the heart rate up high and for a good amount of time.
Yes, I did have to make myself do it ...
and after one cycle of walking and running,
I had to make myself do cycle two ...
and then three ...
and then four ...
all the way to cycle eight.

There is a reason that discipline is called discipline.
It is hard to be a disciple.
hard to be a disciple of good eating
hard to be a disciple of  consistent exercise
hard to be a disciple of consistent sleep
hard to be a disciple of order
hard to be a disciple of faithful Bible reading and prayer
But it is the discipline that yields results.

If you are living the disciplined life ... 
the life of a disciple ...
keep it up!
If there is an area that is slipping,
Get back to it!
It will be worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment