Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Just a Little Tip

 I would never tout myself as a great cook - 
but I do have a few recipes that get shared a lot.

One is Italian Pork:
It is simply a pork roast sprinkled with an Italian dressing seasoning mix and then slow cooked until it falls apart.

The other is simple guacamole:
One avocado, sprinkle of garlic salt, a splash of lime juice.

Long time readers will recall my post about wedding reception guacamole
and the task of getting 50 good avocados at one time.

Just about the time we left NC, a church member gave me this tip,
and I have used it many times.
It is more of a blessing as prices continue to rise on EVERYTHING!
No one wants to throw out an 80 cent avocado!

To prolong the life of an avocado ...
Ripen avocado on the counter, but watch carefully.
When it is ready to use (and you are not ready to use it)
wrap in tin foil and place in refrigerator.

I have gotten another week out of avocados by practicing this method.

Of course, you still have to be aware of what is happening on your counter so that you do not miss that window of opportunity.

I keep about 3 squares of tin foil for this purpose and reuse them as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment