Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Not Jealous!

It was a good night at Bible Conference last night, but I was particularly struck by this thought in the last message of the night (Monday night) and thought that I would share it.

Think of Enoch walking with God ...
Imagine being Abraham - "the friend of God" ...
Moses stood on holy ground and saw God pass by the cleft of the rock ...
The good hand of his God was upon Ezra ...
The Lord was with Joseph ...
The disciples walked with, talked with, ate with Jesus ...

So why shouldn't I be jealous? Why? Because I sit in "heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:6) I am a child of the king! (Ephesians 1:5)

It is hard to be down when I think on that thought. Just try it.

2 comments:

  1. this has been a hard year, and every day before i can face the responsibilities, i must totally satisfy myself with thought such as these! His grace is sufficient--much, much more than sufficient, and i rejoice that i have the opportunity to rejoice in the trials and afflictions that make me so dependent on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also want to thank you for the encouragement! i will be thinking on this for awhile.

    ReplyDelete