Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Foundations Destroyed?


Marriage has been much on my mind since May. I received some good books for my birthday which have challenged me and provided "food for thought." One is "Created to Be His Helpmeet" by Debi Pearl. I am sure that society at large would not appreciate the book, but I am challenged all the more that my responses and actions in the home as a wife are all that God requires of me. Godly actions will produce greater results than nagging, complaining, bitterness ...

The books came at a great time as I have been seeking to encourage 2 wives who feel that things are just falling apart at home. These homes are not the exception any more. All around us there is confusion about the roles in marriage.

We just got back from a family get-to-gether in NY to celebrate dad and mom's 40th anniversary. Quite the milestone! Marriage is a covenant to love, honor and respect each other. It is not without sacrifice, time in prayer, reliance on God. I am so glad for the example that my parents and Chris' parents have set for us. The way that was set before us is easier to follow because we can see the results. If your path was not so neatly laid out, do not despair, just follow God's way - wives being submissive, meek, and quiet; husbands leading and providing with love. God's way is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post...
    It was good to see you and meet your DH!

    ReplyDelete