Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

BRRRRRR!

I just came in from hanging wash on the line.  It was 18* this morning here in Shelby.  That is cold for these parts and I guess that it is supposed to stick with us for awhile.  We are thankful for the sunshine that has accompanied the cold to help to keep the little trailer warm during the day - it was not constructed for cold temps.

Here is a peek at one of my projects from last week.  I think that it may be one of the smallest clothing items that I have constructed.  The fabric was a soft corduroy.  I made "matching" dresses for my 2 year old and almost 12 year old nieces.  Then I sewed a jean skirt for the older of the two.  I must say that it was odd to try on my niece's clothes to make sure that they will fit her.

Of course I am thinking about Christmas and am especially thinking about Mary this week after a message on Sunday.  I am pondering the fact that it seems as if she never tried to justify herself in the eyes of her betrothed.  In the Biblical record, it is not presented that Mary told Joseph of the visit from the angel, but an angel appeared to Joseph as well and explained his part in God's plan.  I don't know if she truly accepted the stigma and the criticisms silently, but it makes me contemplate my attitude in the home, church, and community.  Do I seek to justify myself, to have the last word, to always be "right?"  Again, it is part of that struggle that I have with pride.  "Not I, but Christ."

1 comment:

  1. the hard battle is the battle in my heart when i KNOW things are being said or assumed, and i just rest in Jesus, trusting him. did i say hard? impossible without his grace.

    ReplyDelete