Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Touch of Spring

We are enjoying some beautiful temperatures this weekend.  Today is supposed to reach 58*.  Yesterday I even cracked the windows for a bit to air the trailer out.  OH!  I just love SPRING!  More fun than the open windows was the chance to be back in the garden.  Hubby took a break from school for just a bit to help me mulch the last of the leaves and then I spent much of the afternoon turning the soil.  I just love gardening.  I even did a little weeding in the bulb bed and saw ... some new growth!

Hubby just laughs at my delight in the garden.  I would lose myself for days on end in the soil and plants if I could.  Why?  I suppose that it is the wonder of life ... new life ... of having a part in God's creation.  I am not sure if God will allow me to nurture life within my frame, but I am thankful for the ability to nurture life in the garden each year.  I am shooting to plant the peas on February 19th and the onions about that time as well ... THAT'S ONLY 3 WEEKS AWAY! 

Today's work:  work on a formal dress for the Valentine's concert at the school.  I only have 2 weeks to finish this project and the deadline is hard and fast!

2 comments:

  1. I am happy for you...to be enjoying some warmer temps.
    We, of course, are having more snow this day. It is lovely...and not quite so cold as last week.
    God is good...no matter what the weather, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love hearing about your garden. your excitement gives me a greater anticipation for the coming spring--hopefully it will be warmer in march. then even if snow comes, we can prepare the soil if it thaws then. and if the temperatures get into the 40's? well, the doors and windows will open wide to embrace the fresh air! but we may still keep the woodstove hot.

    ReplyDelete