Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just climb back in bed!

Yes, it was one of those days here in Shelby, NC.  You know, the kind where you think to yourself, "It would have been better if I had just stayed in bed."

It was my BIG shopping day.  I dropped hubby at school and armed with my battle plan (the shopping list) and my ammunition (the coupons) - I set off.  I had hit the first two stores and reached the third and realized that one shopping list and my coupons were missing.  I knew I had packed them, so I headed back to retrace my steps.  I found the shopping list ... but the coupons were nowhere to be found.  I was thankful to at least find my list because it is often 2 weeks in the making and my brain just can't remember that far back ... but the saga continues.

My brief hours with the car were quickly slipping away, so I ran to Walmart to try to get the bulk of the shopping done.  Ah, a successful trip, until I got into the car.  The key went into the ignition and would not turn.  Did I have the wrong key?  Did the anti theft computer chip malfunction?  And it was almost time to pick hubby up.  Of course, I had not brought the cell phone, so into the store I go to call the school and get a message to hubby - HELP!  He walks from school to our home, borrows a car from our helpful friends next door and comes to rescue me from my terrible day only to discover it is not my key, it is the ignition. 

We return home and research our problem on the internet.  Sure enough, it is a common problem in Focus' - so common that the locksmith keeps these ignitions in stock.  5 hours later, hubby is back waiting at Walmart for the locksmith who is then 2 hours late ... well, you can see why we both wanted to just hide from the day.

And yet, I think about the blue plate special rather than then the Ryan's Buffet (or Ponderosa, or Old Country Buffet, or Golden Corral - depending on where you are reading this) and I think about the Scrabble tiles that are mine to use to the best of my ability (if you don't understand these references than you have missed a few posts!).  Today is a test ... will I pass? ... will I trust God that this was His plan for my day?  We saw His hand of blessing that the car broke down in a busy, well-lit area, during the day.  We are thankful for friends with extra vehicles who are willing to share.  We are thankful for parts on hand and available workers.  We are thankful for a friend who would sit with Chris on the 2 hour wait for the locksmith "just in case" things didn't go together as planned.  We are thankful that the car is back in service for school and church tomorrow.  We are thankful.  God is good all the time.  All the time, God is good.

1 comment:

  1. I think we've all had those kind of days. Going to town for the bank and shopping, only to leave your wallet at home, with your paycheck in it, and no cash to do all the shopping with . . .
    It's good that God is good!

    ReplyDelete