Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Peaches

We are enjoying the fresh fruits of the season.  This morning we enjoyed some peach shortcake for breakfast.  It was missing the whipped cream ... but the hot, buttered biscuits covered with fresh, juicy peaches were OUTSTANDING!  I am thankful for these seasonal treats.  I really cannot imagine getting bored with fresh strawberries, or orchard peaches, or apples, or garden lettuce, or vine-ripened tomatoes, yet the Israelites murmured at "angel food" after a season.  God is good to provide fruits in their season.  I cannot get bored with fresh produce because the selection will soon change and I can choose to enjoy each season for its unique treats.  Right now ... its the peaches, and vine-ripened tomatoes, and the cantaloupes right out of the garden. 

There is a modern phrase to thank someone for their kindness ... "You are such a peach!"  I am also thankful for those "peaches" in my life who just know the right thing to say (or not say) or do (or not to do).   

1 comment:

  1. Yummmmmm! I finally have tomatoes set in my garden, although I am not keeping up with wed right now as I should be, and the next 2 weeks don't look too promising.

    ReplyDelete