Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fish and Chips?

Saturday was a busy and tiring day, so after two rounds of tract blitzing, hubby suggested that we go for his birthday dinner that evening instead of on the day of when he would be working anyway.  There was still work to be done around the house, but by 6:30 we were on our way to the Red Lobster.  Hubby ordered the Fish and Chips and I ordered the Popcorn Shrimp - and in honor of a birthday, we split an order of Lobster Nachos!  The waitress asked me for my side dish choice and then turned to hubby to ask for his.  Of course he replied, "I get a another side with the Fish and Chips?"  Knowing that I love rice pilaf, he ordered the rice.  When he received his meal, it was ... Fish and Rice ... no chips!  We laughed at the misunderstanding and asked the waitress to correct the problem.  She agreed to get him some chips/fries at no cost.  About that time (8:30 or 9), I had bottomed out after a few bites of shrimp, so the waitress brought me some to-go boxes and the bill.  The chips? ... well, they never appeared. 

Before you feel too bad for the birthday boy, a church friend took us for a birthday lunch on Sunday ... The Fisherman's Feast ... and there were ... FRIES!  Also, if you live in the Shelby area ... The Fisherman's Feast is better than the Red Lobster .. and a better deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment