Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

God's Holiness

Psalm 30:4
Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his,
and give thanks at the remembrance
of his holiness.

I never realized that there was such a debate over the holiness of God versus the love of God until this past year.  It seems that some people want to emphasize God's love, but downplay His holiness.  I can see where this would be the comfortable thing to do.  If I emphasize God's love, then my sin does not look as severe for God will forgive me and love me in spite of it (which He will if I repent.)  But if I emphasize God's holiness, then the severity of my sin is real to me.  This verse jumped out at me this week.  Give thanks for His holiness.  Instead of downplaying this all-important attribute, I need to be thankful for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment