Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Melting!

It is another HOT day!  At last check the very uninsulated trailer was up to 88*.  I am watching a large storm roll in and so hopefully the temps will be dropping shortly.  I did not particularly help the temps in the trailer today.  I started early by baking a peach-plum pie.  Then I had to take care of a mountain of cucumbers which became pickles.  Then I had a pile of "Dry cleaning" which I do in the dryer and then ironing.  Not particularly cool activities.  No hot meal tonight ... I think it will be egg salad sandwiches!

In between things, or as I waited on projects, I have been reading a book by David Cloud entitled Dressing for the Lord.  So far it has been a good read and thought provoking.  This book is primarily concerned with women's dress styles.  So far, I surmise that he is a dress- and skirt- only promoter.  While not there yet, I think I become closer as time passes.  The book presents the opinions of men who express the effect that women's clothing has on them.  The book presents Biblical standards of modesty and separation as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment