Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thankful for What You Don't Have

It is thankful Thursday and truthfully, I have been struggling with thankfulness.  I am working on being thankful for what God hasn't given or provided.  The Scriptural command is for thankfulness in everything.  It is easy to be thankful for my family, the food in front of me, the car that is running, the church with packed pews ... but what about for the death in the family, the empty nursery, the bare cupboards, the car up on jacks, ... You understand ... right?  Without the thankful spirit it is hard to "Rejoice with them that do rejoice."  (Romans 12)  So I am praying and asking God to help me to be thankful in WHATSOEVER state I am.

Ecclesiastes 7:13
Consider the work of God:
for who can make that straight,
which he hath made crooked?



1 comment:

  1. thankfulness for the hard things is one of the best exercises for a healthy spirit and heart. well done, sandra.

    ReplyDelete