Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

STUFF!

It is hard to believe that my folks just got 10 inches of snow on Sunday night while we are enjoying spring- (almost summer) like temps.  One of my hyacinths is in bloom and many daffodils in the area are showing their color.  I have not been back in the garden but hope to get some planting done tomorrow before the showers come in on Friday. 

I am enjoying the wireless internet at the library right now.  Wow!  what a difference in the speed that I can accomplish things online.  I had to download some lectures for hubby and this was definitely the way to go.  About 2 minutes vs. 3-4 hours.  While I am here ... I think I will look for some light reading, perhaps on simplifying.  I am trying to look forward to how I can simplify if God were to call us to live in a travel trailer, or if God were to have a smaller home for us after hubby's schooling.  It is so easy to get attached to earthly possessions and I would like to avoid being burdened with STUFF.

Most of my "womans work" right now involves gardening and music lessons.  I am in the process of practicing for a violin recital.  I am not looking forward to it, but I can't get out of it this year.  I get the privilege of playing the violin and accompanying the others (and myself via recording) on the piano.  I sure wish that I could just do the piano part!

Have a good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment