Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

I love Valentine's Day.  Perhaps it is a love that I gained as a child when my mom would make heart shaped sugar cookies for each child in my class AND pipe individual names on each one.  Perhaps it is a love that I picked up as a teacher.  Oh, the excitement of the Valentine's Day party.  Perhaps it is because I met my hubby around this time 9 years ago.  Perhaps it is the decorations.  Perhaps it is the hearts, the flowers, the candies.  Or maybe I am just in love with love!

We sat in church yesterday and sang songs that reminded us of God's great and unsurpassing love. 
 "Amazing love, how can it be, that thou, my God, shouldst die for me."

John 3:16
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.

I John 4:19
We love him, because he first loved us.

No comments:

Post a Comment