Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Creating Peace

While God is the source of ALL peace,
we can do our part to create environments conducive to His peace.
Removing Clutter,
Relaxing Music,
Pleasant Scents,
Breaks from media, 
Restful Lighting

I like to create oases both in and around my house.
My guestroom receives the first rays of sun and gives peace in the morning.
My own bedroom with electric candles in sconces on the wall 
gives me the B&B, "stay-cation" feeling any time.
Perennial Gardens,
Vegetable Gardens,
and Potted Plants ...
all create an outdoor sanctuary.

It is perfect that my birthday lands in the spring,
for hubby never has to question what to buy.
For YEARS, we have always filled my gardens or porch with flowers in May.
We went looking last Saturday and filled all but 2 pots.


Herbs and flowers ...




my peaceful getaway without getting away.

Oh - and a face lift for my bistro set.


It was showing its age - 10 years - and now looks nearly new with a coat of green paint.

Next step ...
pressure washing the deck ...
and a coat of stain, maybe?





2 comments: