Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

All Talk

Proverbs 14:23
In all labour there is profit: 
but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury.

I am reminded that "talk is cheap."
It is easy to talk big,
to make big plans,
but it is harder to put my mind and muscle to the task.

I had been talking to hubby about another gospel tract idea over this past year.
This verse reminded me to set my mind and pen to the task. 
I was having difficulty giving appropriate time to Bible memory.
Why? It is work!
I have tweaked my morning routine 
and trust it will yield the profit that this verse promises.
It is good when the Bible convicts and corrects;
and when I choose to obey it.

A wife and/or mother has a very difficult task.
What have you been "talking" about?
Is it improvements to your home?
Is it a diet change?
Is it a book that you want to read?
Is it the need to exercise?
Is it increased discipline in you life?
Is it Biblical child-rearing?

Why haven't you followed through?

Talk is no substitute for hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment